• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bills, Mail, etc

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mpfups

What is the name of your state? Md

Question for anyone who can help....My ex & i are soon to be divorced...I was awarded the family home & when we are legally divorced after Aug 1 i can have the house refinanced to take her name off it....My question is...My ex calls up our mortgage company & keeps having the monthly statements sent to her house in an attempt to get me to pay my bills late...She also gets mail of MINE sent to her house but never tells me about it...The postal service screws up by seeing that shes the only family member that has moved but somehow still includes my name on the change of address so I dont get all my bills to me unless she gives me the ones shes receiving....

Is there anyway to stop this madness...

JETX

Simple solution.... get a PO Box and notify the appropriate parties directly of your new address.

mpfups

Thanks for your post but what i failed to include in my first post is that she has a right to do this cuz her name is on the bills also but in the consent order in court I agreed to take care of all the marital bills that were accrued....So she can call all these places & have the address changed until the bills are paid off..I have no idea what she thinks shes gaining by this besides a bad credit report?!?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Sign up for online bill payment. Then no matter where the paper bill goes - you get a copy in your inbox. Think outside of the box, mpfups.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">