• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bonus Refused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HardKnockLife

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New York

If an employer explains in a comp. package that I am to receive a bonus for certain work and I do the work, are they on the hook for this money? I opened a restaurant for them, but they said that because they have other partners in this unit, the bonus does not apply. Prior to that explanation, they said it wasn't in the budget. It was considered the "3rd store" in the company and I was entitled to a "3rd store" bonus.

Thank you for your time and patience.

You Are Guilty

HardKnockLife said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New York

If an employer explains in a comp. package that I am to receive a bonus for certain work and I do the work, are they on the hook for this money? I opened a restaurant for them, but they said that because they have other partners in this unit, the bonus does not apply. Prior to that explanation, they said it wasn't in the budget. It was considered the "3rd store" in the company and I was entitled to a "3rd store" bonus.

Thank you for your time and patience.
Verbally "explains" or "explains" in a contract?

You Are Guilty

HardKnockLife said:
It was written in the pamphlet I got during the interview process. There was no contract between me and the employer.
Without reading it, it's impoosible to say for certain, but I'd guess it would not be a legally binding condition. The only way to know for certain is to show all the documents to a local attorney and let them sort it out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">