• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Borrowing from a POA account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BlondiePB

'Dandy Dunce' is NOT an attorney. He calls himself a 'researcher' (in several posts on other forums) and tries to locate unclaimed property or missing heirs, then tries to get the real property owner or heir to pay him a 'finders fee' for his 'discovery'. His real first name is Keith (to protect his anononity, I won't provide his last name, address, phone, etc.). In fact, if he did that in his own state, he would very likely be a violation of his states Private Investigator licensing laws (since he isn't licensed to provide those 'services').

Pretty scummy business if you ask me.
That explains why he asks posters the value of estates, despite my repeatedly telling him the value of an estate has nothing to do with the posters' issue(s).

That explains why he posts his email address to some posts and not other posts.

What's not clear is how he can solicit business, even indirectly. :confused:

BlondiePB

I spoke with my friend and he is not going to persue this. And he did speak with her attorney and he (the attorney) said it was ok as long as they (the attorney and friend) got a notarized statement from her so that advise was, of course, right on the money.
What the heck kind of attorney is that! :eek:

As previously stated, just wait until this lady's relatives come crawling out of the woodwork when she dies.

Oh, you mean after you posted this morning, you talked with your friend & the friend talked with an attorney today (Sunday)? :confused:

BlondiePB

Is there a guide on here as to who is really an attorney and who is not?
Yes, it's at the bottom of every page.

FreeAdvice Forums are intended to enable consumers to benefit from the experience of other consumers who have faced similar legal issues. FreeAdvice does NOT vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any posting or the qualifications of any person responding.

DreamDancer

What the heck kind of attorney is that! :eek:

As previously stated, just wait until this lady's relatives come crawling out of the woodwork when she dies.

Oh, you mean after you posted this morning, you talked with your friend & the friend talked with an attorney today (Sunday)? :confused:
I talked to him this morning and asked him again if he had talked to the attorney. The attorney is her attorney. I tend to agree that it doesn't sound right if she is having memory issues now. No worries though, my friend said he will not ask her for anything even if she offers.

As far as relatives go, it is a moot point. She has no will so if there any, they can file with the state. My friend can't and has no interest in it. He has never even asked for compensation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">