• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Both me and my children are being threatened, please help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

deweydecimal

I think the best answer is, that when someone doesn't have the basics in life, such as a checking account, they must be doing something illegal.

K

KR917

this is just an update for the people who asked to be informed of anything new with this case. I went to court last week. My lawyer told me that the case was being dismissed, but it wasn't going to be dismissed until the next court date. (Which is on Oct. 23rd.) She told me that the DA wanted to wait until oct. "in case" the manager from the store decided he wanted to press charges against me.
I have paid the store back a total of $1,450.00 so far. The total amount of the checks were $4,000.00. I am also working for him on the weekends doing office work, making deposits at the bank, payroll, and other related things. I sign over my checks directly to him
I also gave the name and address of the woman that gave me these checks to my lawyer. My lawyer told me that the DA is extremely interested in finding this person because apparantly, this woman has cashed over $10,000.00 of these checks around the neighborhood in the past year. They could never arrest anyone because the people that cashed these checks didn't give their correct address. I am so relieved that this nightmare is almost over. I also wanted to say thank-you to the people that helped me with the advice that they gave to me.
Thank-you again.

K

knorris

glad to hear it.

That's good news for you and your children and I am glad things worked out well in your situation. Kathie

Beth3

Thanks for the update and I'm awfully glad things are working out for you.

I certainly hope the DA can prosecute this neighbor of yours. $10,000+ in worthless or forged checks sounds like a felony to me - with any luck, she'll be in prison soon and you won't have to worry about her any longer.

K

KR917

rregarding yoyoma!!!!!!

Hello everybody! I just wanted everybody to know that YoYoMa's
posting days are OVER. I filed a complaint, and others must have also, because I recieved an e-mail from administration saying that
his posting days are over. Hurray!@@@! No more condescending remarks, no more putting people down, no more YOYOMA. Hopefully we won' t hear from him anymore. I had to tell everyone. I was just glad that he is gone.

I also wanted to tell the people that have been following my posts that the district attorney contacted me this morning about the woman who gave me those counterfeit checks. They are extremely interested in prosecuting her. As I stated in my previous posts, she has gotten away with over $10,00.00 with these checks. They have been trying to figure out where these checks were coming from, but they could never catch the people who cashed them, so they could never get to the person that was supplying the checks. The only problem is that I would have to testify against her, saying that she was the one that gave me the checks, and that I cashed them for her, and gave her the money. Around my neighborhood, you aren't supposed to talk to the police, district attorney , etc., so I don't know how things are going to be after the court date with her. She is going to know that I was the one who testified against her. The way she has been carrying on already, and nothing has even happened yet, I can only assume that things are going to get a lot worse. I have been looking for another apt., but it is difficult to find a decent apt. right now. I definately have to move out before this case goes to court. I know I am doing the right thing, but I am just worried about what this "woman" will do. Does anyone have any advice? Let me know.

Beth3

KR9 - I hope you're right about YoYo. That is only one of the many names he posts under however. As soon as the webmaster blocks access under one name, he creates a new one and is right back at it. If we've really seen the last of him, that would be a good thing.

As far as your situation goes, that is something only you can decide. This woman is a criminal who defrauded you and a store owner for $4,000 for which you're having to make restitution and who would have been perfectly happy to let you go to jail for her crime. And obviously she has lots of of other victims as well. Undoubtedly she counts on the local culture of "you don't tell" as well as intimidating her victims to let her continue to get away with this. I expect she's a career criminal and will keep doing this until she's put in jail.

It sure would be easy for me to say "go for it" since I'm not in your shoes. If this woman makes ANY threats or acts in a threatening way towards you and your family, you should immediately contact the police and get a restraining order. And I also think you should talk to the DA about your concerns for your safety. They may have some advice to offer - I'm sure they've dealt with this before. Best of luck to you. And I'm sure hoping your neighbor gets what she deserves.

K

KR917

I AM DEFINATELY going to cooperate with the DA. I don't feel that she should be allowed to get away with this time after time without worrying about being punished. She defrauded a lot of people out of a lot of money. And, Yes, there is a very strict "street code" about "not ratting on people"here, but, she didn't care that I would have been in jail for over 5 years, away from my husband and five beautiful children. She was only concerned about herself and her crimes. She also has two children, and I feel bad for what they are about to go through, but it was their mother who put them in that situation, not me. I think that she needs to pay for what she did. I am the one who has to pay back this store, I am the one being held responsible right now. I have paid back over $1,000.00 already. The manager told me that if it turns out that she also pays back the money, he will give me my money back, but I think that is very doubtful, the manager already told me that the owner wants to prosecute her. I am just concerned about the way she will retaliate. She obviously doesn't care about anyone but herself. I have a meeting with the DA next week, and I am planning to tell them about all of my concerns, and what I think she is capable of. I do NOT want my children put in danger. I will get an order of protection, but I doubt it will do much good.
Anyway, thank-you for all of your support and advice. It is really appreciated. If you think of anything else, please let me know.
About yoyo idiot. I'm also sure that he is already posting under a different name, but the good news is, we can always report him again!!!! have a great weekend!:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">