• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bought a bad van. (Don't mind the other post)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KamCake86

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nc

So 29 days ago I bought a van for $2100 "as is" for a guy how sales cars, he has a tow truck and a bunch of cars that he sales. I was told the car was in perfect condition and it drove well when i test drove it. Within 2 weeks I had to get the thermostat replaced and seal a crack in the radiator because the car all of a sudden started running hot. So this morning I get up to take my daughter to school and I stopped at the store. All of a sudden the car wouldn't go in reverse or drive. I was told its the transmission. What should I do?????

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nc

So 29 days ago I bought a van for $2100 "as is" for a guy how sales cars, he has a tow truck and a bunch of cars that he sales. I was told the car was in perfect condition and it drove well when i test drove it. Within 2 weeks I had to get the thermostat replaced and seal a crack in the radiator because the car all of a sudden started running hot. So this morning I get up to take my daughter to school and I stopped at the store. All of a sudden the car wouldn't go in reverse or drive. I was told its the transmission. What should I do?????
If your transmission has issues, then I would recommend that you take it to a reputable transmission shop for evaluation. You may wish to get more than one quote.

In the future, I would suggest that you have any used vehicle you purchase checked out by a local mechanic that you choose and that you trust.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">