• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Boundary issue with landlocked neighbor who is within my property boundaries

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Robin59

What is the name of your state? Florida

Major issue is moving of my surveyors stakes even before I closed on my property in Aug. 2017, and having a well dug just a 1/1/2 weeks ago, on my property. I already had the property lines we share re surveyed and it proved the well is on my property, just waiting on the new surveyors map.

Oct. 23 rd I notified the well company and told them to stop digging as they were on my property, I notified the Well permitting office also and offered to show them both my land survey dated June 15, 2017, they both refused, and the permit was issued after I stopped the project from getting to far. Now that I have had the surveying re-done as the well permitting office said, and I was instructed to send my new survey map to them and they will put the well in my name as soon as I prove it is on my property. I still do not understand why I had to get a survey done after the fact to prove that both entities messed up on this one, when they both knew before the well permit was issued that there was an issue, and did not require my landlocked neighbor to get a survey done before issuing the permit is it legal to alter the permit after the fact, or are they just trying to to cover-up the mistake of others up, in perhaps to prevent a law suit against them as accessories, and could that not back fire with a lawsuit from the landlocked landowner as I alerted both entities even before the application for the permit was submitted?

I would like to do some type of agreement to where they can use the well and I am the owner, but as long as the present owner, his wife, or their son own the property they will have use of the well under the condition that all work/repairs and yearly inspection is done by a Well company at landlocked landowners expense and I am made aware by well company as to what they did, with a receipt of services paid and copy of any permits needed, which are the financial responsibility the land owner of 3075 the Less and except. This agreement would not extend to tenant(s,) or any other owner or relative(s)

Would be nice to have their belongings, trash, vehicles and utility trailer all stored on their property not mine, as far as I know they are allowed to drive/walk/bike down the 30 foot area along my east fence to the lower part of my driveway and then to the road, not use my property as they please or wander all over it. landowner did tell me in the first three months of my owning the property which was in August of 2017, that neighbor to our east had told him that he could use his driveway, if whoever the new owner was not willing for him to use my property. Is that an option I could require in the use of the well?

Last edited:

Robin59

What is the name of your state? Florida
The neighbor is land locked on three sides by my property and by the another neighbor OX on the fourth side, and drives 428.28 feet across my property to the road, which I made 30 feet wide. There is no official easement and he and I was told that due to this and the fact that he landlocked himself by not creating an official easement before he gave up my part of the property in 2015, I bought in 2017. land locked on three sides by my property and by the another neighbor OX on the fourth side, and drives 428.28 feet across my property to the road, which I made 30 feet wide. There is no official easement and he and I was told that due to this and the fact that he landlocked himself by not creating an official easement before he gave up the part of the property in 2014 I bought in 2017, that I do not have to allow him to use my property if I do not choose to as he could use his friend;s driveway to the east. All I want is to rectify this situation so they can use the well instead of having to have it filed in, but my mortgage company would all me to sell the 323 sq feet where the well is. This well issue came about between Oct. 23 2018 - Nov. 2018. Pipe to mobile was not connected as of Wednesday ans did not see any electrical wiring connected either. What can I do?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">