• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Boyfriends Son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


What is the name of your state?VA..( but I live in Alabama at the moment.)

My boyfriend has a two year old son. On July 15th he was rewarded temporary custody. The mother of his son is a dead beat. She has a record of assalt and battery charges. She abuses drugs and is extremely mentally unstable. She rarely has a job let alone somewhere to stay. They have been to court for custody before and she was awarded custody and he had visitation. The custody agreement stated that she much give my boyfriend and the courts a 30 day notification if she moves anywhere. She has never contacted my boyfriend when she was moving or the courts. So finally after moving around non stop for almost a year my boyfriend filled for temporary custody. There is other things that made him file like the baby has told his grandmother that his cousin was touching him and that his moms boyfriend James was hitting her. She was aware of the court date and was served. On the court docet it states that she was served. She never showed up for court. Now she is trying to get a motion to re-try the temporary custody hearing. We all know that she wants the baby back because of the money she would get out of it. When she lost the baby she lost all the welfare money and all the child support money. She is saying that she was never served. What could happen when they go to court. He was served to show up at court on the 14th of Sept. Does she have any chance at all of getting the baby back? And what are my boyfriends rights as a father. Oh and buy the way my boyfriend has a stable home to live in, he is a paid Fighefighter and he has great benefits for him and his son. And she has already threatend to kidnapp the baby. I want to know what proof he can show in court and what he could do to show that she is unstable. And what kind of chance she has of getting the baby back. Thanks.


Senior Member
Since your boyfriend is a good Paid firefighter , he should retain an attorney in his Jurisdiction .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential