• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breach of contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I don't know the answer, I only know it's kinda hard. I think, like justalayman, you don't have a contract. But, let's pretend stevef is correct and the UCC applies (I don't think he read all the portions of what I posted though. It is highly unlikely we can default to the UCC over common law.). I think the where the FOB is is a material aspect of the "contract". I'd certainly send a follow-up letter as to what you think the contract is. See what they say. You may not have a disagreement at all.

Mass_Shyster

I don't think he read all the portions of what I posted though
You are 100% correct.

I specified that UCC would apply if the case was filed in Illinois. You always start with the laws of the forum court, and apply the forum state choice of law rules.

Without reading the contract, we don't know if there's a choice of law clause in it. I just don't see an Illinois court using Pakistan law in a contract dispute. If they want to use Pakistan law, they'll probably have to go to a Pakistan court.

Hopefully, the OP isn't taking legal advice from nameless, faceless, internet posters (ME), and will seek the advice of an attorney familiar with international commerce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">