• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breach of contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

justalayman

You need to understand that the drum belongs to the op, not the seller which is about the only stretching of any possible issues that might allow your actions. That ownership along with the contract would allow for a suit for damages for the breach of contract but it doesn’t allow op to toss refuse on sellers lawn with impunity.

Last edited by a moderator:

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
would there actually be any doggie doo left after being buried for 2 yrs ? id think it would actually make good fertilizer for said garden, but you would still have to remove the buried drum/container
Good point. The feces would be good fertilizer...and it would not be illegal to deliver their empty drum back to them. Its only delivering a drum with feces in it that would be illegal.
Using dog poop as fertilizer in a vegetable garden is a *ahem* very bad idea.

Dog poop can contain all sorts of nasty things which could contaminate the vegetables if it has not been composted at a high enough temperature. This includes, but is not limited to, retinal disease in children. It is unknown what temperature the dog poop container attained, but it has not been exposed to air, regular turning, or moisture monitored.

Disposing of your refuse on another party's property would be considered illegal dumping in many places, so it is best not to suggest OP do it.

I disagree with justalayman in that the issue was accepted as resolved by OP at purchase because the seller willfully deceived. If it's actually in writing that the poop drum was to have been removed, etc., as described by OP, and the seller signed off on it, then OP has an arguing point.

LdiJ

Using dog poop as fertilizer in a vegetable garden is a *ahem* very bad idea.

Dog poop can contain all sorts of nasty things which could contaminate the vegetables if it has not been composted at a high enough temperature. This includes, but is not limited to, retinal disease in children. It is unknown what temperature the dog poop container attained, but it has not been exposed to air, regular turning, or moisture monitored.
Ok, I understand what you are saying. My dad used cow patties when we were kids, but what you say makes sense.

Disposing of your refuse on another party's property would be considered illegal dumping in many places, so it is best not to suggest OP do it.

I disagree with justalayman in that the issue was accepted as resolved by OP at purchase because the seller willfully deceived. If it's actually in writing that the poop drum was to have been removed, etc., as described by OP, and the seller signed off on it, then OP has an arguing point.
I would add that most of JALs argument is based on his purely personal opinion that the drum is now the property of the OP.
My personal opinion is that the drum is the property of the person who sold the property as they were required to remove it. Had it been able to be delivered to the sellers clean, without feces, then that would NOT be illegal dumping. Obviously, since they won't be removing the feces, it would be illegal because its a biohazard.

Just Blue

Ok, I understand what you are saying. My dad used cow patties when we were kids, but what you say makes sense.

I would add that most of JALs argument is based on his purely personal opinion that the drum is now the property of the OP.
My personal opinion is that the drum is the property of the person who sold the property as they were required to remove it. Had it been able to be delivered to the sellers clean, without feces, then that would NOT be illegal dumping. Obviously, since they won't be removing the feces, it would be illegal because its a biohazard.
You might have let the OP know this was your personal opinion. You might want to look up the law in Maine before posting that it wouldn't be illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">