• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Broken Window not fixed after 2 weeks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NM7743

What is the name of your state?Georgia

Long story short, ownership has changed on our duplex. We were only here for 2 months before the building was sold. The lawncare company came out last week (Monday the 4th of April) and the weedeater sent a 1/4in metal rod through my front window. I called the landlord immediately, left a message. He called back and said that he would come out that afternoon, he didnt show up til Friday afternoon. It is now Thursday, the window is still not fixed, but has a piece of plywood nailed there with 2 pieces of quarter round holding it on. I live in a decent neighborhood, in a relatively big city. This isnt a safe fix. It would take nothing for someone to kick in the window.

There are other issues, that aren't that pressing. They started working on the trim and soffet on the outside of the house, taking down the gutters. Gutter is still sitting outside behind the house. Inconvienent when it rains. And pest control, which is also included is not happening either. We had a rather decent sized scorpion hanging out in the sink yesterday. And have had our share of Palmetto bugs.

Is there anything that we can do?

ENASNI

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">