• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Business Auto Deduction Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tranquility

The form certainly implies the two vehicles use the standard mileage or actual value.

What of four?

Do you really need the single form to report both vehicles?

The law goes to vehicle. The form is troublesome. My software gives two forms if treated differently.

The issue is uninteresting to me. Weird, I know. But, there is nothing of the issue that calls to me for research. I treat the vehicles as differently. I never had an audit on the matter. I am not inclined to prove it.

bigbilljohnson

The form certainly implies the two vehicles use the standard mileage or actual value. What of four? The law goes to vehicle. The form is troublesome. My software gives two forms if treated differently. I am not inclined to prove it.
Sorry, was not asking for you to "prove" you are correct. Just thought maybe you guys were getting this info from somewhere in the tax code that I haven't been able to locate. Thanks for weighing in. I'm not the smartest guy when it comes to taxes, but hopefully, can figure out the best way to use multiple forms for this scenario. Thanks again.

tranquility

Sorry, was not asking for you to "prove" you are correct. Just thought maybe you guys were getting this info from somewhere in the tax code that I haven't been able to locate. Thanks for weighing in. I'm not the smartest guy when it comes to taxes, but hopefully, can figure out the best way to use multiple forms for this scenario. Thanks again.
Just use two. What do you mean?

(My software doesn't even use a form, it just all goes to worksheets and a number dropped into the Schedule C. No matter how many ways I input multiple vehicles.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">