• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

buyers refuse to file deed at courthouse what can I do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GraystoneManor

Back up there.

Did you say you deeded your interestt to their daughter? How old is the daughter? Is the daughter aware of this? Did she agree to this?

Your issue is with the daughter since that is to whom you should have delivered the deed to
yes the daughter was 20 and she signed the land contract and she is the one who appeared in court

GraystoneManor

You posted this convoluted story earlier ....and the buyer may be into " games " of not having assets in his name for reasons that are not before us.
Yes they don't have jobs but have 9 children 2 of which are on disability the but there cars in some of there adult children's names. I contacted the last person who they bought a house from in Flint Michigan and she had the same problems they paid all payments and paid in full but wouldnt take the deed at the end

HRZ

The buyers family may be skirting the law by not having thier name on assets and or running a "cash " business while collecting public sector means tested benefits ...but this is not your concern as seller ....you got paid ...

justalayman

yes the daughter was 20 and she signed the land contract and she is the one who appeared in court
Appeared in court? Why were the courts involved? You don’t need the court’s involvement for anything you have posted so far

Anyway, did you deliver the deed to the actual buyer or not?

What has she said about any of the current issues?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The buyers family may be skirting the law by not having thier name on assets and or running a "cash " business while collecting public sector means tested benefits ...but this is not your concern as seller ....you got paid ...
It's also likely that the buyer wants to avoid paying taxes.

GraystoneManor

Appeared in court? Why were the courts involved? You don’t need the court’s involvement for anything you have posted so far

Anyway, did you deliver the deed to the actual buyer or not?

What has she said about any of the current issues?
I took them to court to force them to pay for the first payment of the land contract yes I gave the girl the deed in the court house when she gave me the money for payoff of the land contract but walked right out of court house

justalayman

So since you have delivered the deed to the buyer your job is complete. As I said previously contact your tax office and inform them of the sale and her address if you have it.

After that it’s the girls problem

But keep alert. Who knows, maybe you’ll be able to buy it back at tax auction in a few years for delinquent taxes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">