• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Buying real estate with another person

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

thomaje

I am planning to purchase a home with a friend of mine. As much as him and I are good friends and agree on how the home should be run, we think it is a wise idea to put our understanding in writing. Can anyone suggest or provide a template for putting our agreement into writing such that we are both mutually protected. Thanks very much.

LegalBeagle

thomaje said:
I am planning to purchase a home with a friend of mine. As much as him and I are good friends and agree on how the home should be run, we think it is a wise idea to put our understanding in writing. Can anyone suggest or provide a template for putting our agreement into writing such that we are both mutually protected. Thanks very much.
Don't do it!! One small argument and you are in for a whole heap of trouble. Not worth it.. rent!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">