• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

buyout shares realestate corp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

donomar

Why don't you contact an attorney as suggested? :confused: Your matter is entirely too complex for an internet forum. Really.
I have contacted an attorney,and he asked me to get the information on who was the owner or owners of the corp,and this information is in the corp office and it is public information,i just ask because it is pertaining information to my original post,and before i hire an attorney i would like to know personally,being that i am shareholder,just do not know of my participation and value of company in question.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I have contacted an attorney,and he asked me to get the information on who was the owner or owners of the corp,and this information is in the corp office and it is public information,i just ask because it is pertaining information to my original post,and before i hire an attorney i would like to know personally,being that i am shareholder,just do not know of my participation and value of company in question.
We're going in circles. You were told what to do about a business valuation and you were advised to get an attorney. There is really nothing that this forum can do for you. Good luck.

donomar

Attorney

We're going in circles. You were told what to do about a business valuation and you were advised to get an attorney. There is really nothing that this forum can do for you. Good luck.
I understand and have found an attorney,i am planing to meet him with the documents pertaining to my case,this forum has helped me in getting this information,and appreciate the feedback,if someon has a similiar case they can review my posts.

donomar

Probate Attorney

People are responsible for paying their own attorney in general under the U.S. Rule. Some statutes would have a cost-shifting if you win and you can just ask for attorney fees as a part of your damages. One problem for the brothers is that some of this may implicate fiduciary duties where a multiplier is applied to damages. However, you have such a complex set of facts it is near impossible to know where the duties lie and if any duties have been breached without access to the entire story and set of facts. You can only get that from an attorney review.

I would start with the probate attorney as that is the place that is the beginning to even having some rights to further issues.
Responding to your message,i have come up with a retainer,luckily my income tax return came in,the probate in stx. Should have included the shares of my father so that it can be added with his personal assetts,this is where an attorney has to come in,after almost 3 yrs have passed and my brothers have sold properties,spent rental income and spent revenues from the corp.,know where can i i find an accountant that specializes in this type of scenario where the accounts of the corp have to be audited?

tranquility

Responding to your message,i have come up with a retainer,luckily my income tax return came in,the probate in stx. Should have included the shares of my father so that it can be added with his personal assetts,this is where an attorney has to come in,after almost 3 yrs have passed and my brothers have sold properties,spent rental income and spent revenues from the corp.,know where can i i find an accountant that specializes in this type of scenario where the accounts of the corp have to be audited?
You are in the land of the specialized forensic accountant. They get paid extra special good. Wait for the attorney to guide before spending the money.

donomar

Removed from director position as secretary

It seems multiple attorneys are needed. The first one a probate attorney for where your dad died so you can get control of the shares you putatively own. Then, a corporate attorney to help you with the dispute with brothers.

You might want to look at the books for the prior years to get a clue as to how much you are going to have to pay in taxes.
I looked up the 2012,2013:franchise tax,and the positions are one of my brothers is pres signing and the second treasurer signing,the position i have ,secretary director, is now being held by my mother the ex wife of my father who is in these corporate franchise tax books as
secretary.I never signed a resolution resigning,in the resolution that was

sent to me under my line my position was shareholder,i never signed it,and i assume that they are trying to fill my seat,what i do not understand is how can there be two secretary directors?

Last edited:

donomar

Estate txes

In the case that my brothers are found with bad intentions,are they going to pay the attorney fees that i have to pay for my representation on both cases?
The interest of my father from the corp is not in the probate,know that it has to be included as part of the inheritance the inheritance tax then to my understanding has to be done?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">