• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California Lemon Law or is there some other recourse?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Checked the VIN: "0 Unrepaired Recalls associated with this VIN."

Thanks for your helpful replies.
You’re welcome, oohlalaw. We always appreciate thanks, so thank you.

I hope you soon have a good, reliable and safe car to drive, whether it is the one you previously purchased that has had all of its problems properly addressed, or whether it is a new vehicle that is problem-free.

Good luck.

oohlalaw

You’re welcome, oohlalaw. We always appreciate thanks, so thank you.

I hope you soon have a good, reliable and safe car to drive, whether it is the one you previously purchased that has had all of its problems properly addressed, or whether it is a new vehicle that is problem-free.

Good luck.
More thanks are in order. If they fix and return the vehicle, we will be nervous to drive it, at least for a while.

oohlalaw

Have you notified the manufacturer of the problem? Not the dealer...Kia itself.
We wrote a letter of complaint to Kia Headquarters in Irvine, CA, but they did not reply. We did not contact Kia in South Korea where our model was manufactured.

oohlalaw

I contacted a Lemon Law firm and will submit documentation soon. The dealership never gave us any work orders or other forms when we left the car, and we need to include them.

Within 1-2 minutes of the call from the Lemon Law firm, the car dealer phoned and said our car has been repaired!

When we pick it up, someone in the service dept will likely do a test drive to show that the issues have been resolved. We wonder if they are going to ask us to sign a waiver/release of liability. If so, can we refuse or hand amend it? In the event the repairs fail again or there are new issues during warranty coverage, or if the Lemon Law firm thinks we have a case, we do not want to give up our rights.

quincy

I contacted a Lemon Law firm and will submit documentation soon. The dealership never gave us any work orders or other forms when we left the car, and we need to include them.

Within 1-2 minutes of the call from the Lemon Law firm, the car dealer phoned and said our car has been repaired!

When we pick it up, someone in the service dept will likely do a test drive to show that the issues have been resolved. We wonder if they are going to ask us to sign a waiver/release of liability. If so, can we refuse or hand amend it? In the event the repairs fail again or there are new issues during warranty coverage, or if the Lemon Law firm thinks we have a case, we do not want to give up our rights.
You no doubt will be asked to sign something before your car is released. IF what you are asked to sign is a release of liability/waiver of rights form, you can decline to sign it until you have had it personally reviewed by an attorney.

You are right to be reluctant to sign such a form giving up rights to legal recourse, especially since your car has experienced several mechanical issues.

Because you are already in touch with a lemon law lawyer, I recommend you consult with him prior to picking up the car to see what he advises.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">