• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California Non Rent Control Apartment Extended Remodel

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vdo

California in a Non Rent Control City

What does the new rent control law ab1482 mean if I want to take an apartment unit back (in a multi unit building) for repair work? As a landlord, what obligations do I have and how can I proceed with taking the unit back? I will have all the permit ready.

Thanks

adjusterjack

What do you mean "take it back"?

What kind of repairs?

Is there a tenant in it?

Does the tenant have a lease of a specific duration with from-to dates?

If yes, what are those dates?

Do you have any unoccupied units in the building that you can move the tenant into?

Why are you asking about the rent control if you are in a city with no rent control?

We'll need those answers.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You would be wise to consult with an attorney about this matter. If you try to wing it, it's sure to come back and bite you in the rump.

Just Blue

California in a Non Rent Control City

What does the new rent control law ab1482 mean if I want to take an apartment unit back (in a multi unit building) for repair work? As a landlord, what obligations do I have and how can I proceed with taking the unit back? I will have all the permit ready.

Thanks
Almost 3 years ago I advised you to get a good property manager and I still think you should do that.

rentnest

That's the issue - they won't solve it. It will turn into a dump and everyone will move out leaving whoever stays with the bills.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">