• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a release be withdrawn for pain and suffering

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

klink35

What is the name of your state? Michigan
I signed a release back in july 2019 for pain and suffering for 300k. I found out the claim is actually 700k. Can that be withdrawn so I can take the case to trial in front of a jury so I may be awarded more than the 300k?

quincy

What is the name of your state? Michigan
I signed a release back in july 2019 for pain and suffering for 300k. I found out the claim is actually 700k. Can that be withdrawn so I can take the case to trial in front of a jury so I may be awarded more than the 300k?
You should add this to your other thread.

You originally had the opportunity to refuse the settlement amount and take your case to trial. You chose with your signature to settle.

There is never a guarantee that you will be awarded damages greater than what the other party offers in the way of a settlement amount, by the way. You could be awarded far less. Trials are always a gamble.

Last edited:

quincy

How do I add it to my other thread? Rewrite the entire thread?
The moderator can add this thread to your other thread. You don’t have to do anything. In the meantime, I will link to this thread on your other thread and we can from now on use your other thread for comments and questions.

klink35

You should add this to your other thread.

You originally had the opportunity to refuse the settlement amount and take your case to trial. You chose with your signature to settle.

There is never a guarantee that you will be awarded damages greater than what the other party offers in the way of a settlement amount, by the way. You could be awarded far less. Trials are always a gamble.
Ok but my attorney made me believe 300k was all there was. He never told me it was a 700k case. Otherwise I wouldn't have signed it. I would've went for more. My passengers were injured as well and the one sustained bad injuries. I broke my neck, she broke her back and had internal bleeding.
So now they want my passengers and I to fight over the 300k

quincy

Ok but my attorney made me believe 300k was all there was. He never told me it was a 700k case. Otherwise I wouldn't have signed it. I would've went for more. My passengers were injured as well and the one sustained bad injuries. I broke my neck, she broke her back and had internal bleeding.
So now they want my passengers and I to fight over the 300k
Please add this to your other thread. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">