• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can an employer terminate/find an excuse to terminate me if I have to go to the hospital?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackM678

What is the name of your state? Texas

I have been in and out of so much medical care since before I started my job and not getting my work done because of needing to sleep 10+ hours every day.

This may be a trigger warning, but I think in the next few days I might need to go to the hospital because too much has gone wrong due to my health going down the tubs that I'm considering killing myself now too.

I don't really know if I want to go to the hospital, because if they tell me that when in the hospital I missed too much training and they need to let me go, it didn't solve anything, but I already have a plan and motivation to execute it.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Jack: the following applies ONLY to your current job. No previous employment counts.

How long have you worked for your CURRENT employer?

In the last 12 months, have you WORKED 1,250 hours for THIS employer?

How many employees does this employer have within 75 miles of your location?

The answers to these questions are important to determining what, if any, protections you have.

quincy

What is the name of your state? Texas
... This may be a trigger warning, but I think in the next few days I might need to go to the hospital because too much has gone wrong due to my health going down the tubs that I'm considering killing myself now too . ...
JackM678, you also mentioned suicide in a previous thread. Please please please call 988. That is the National Suicide and Crisis Lifeline. Someone will be available to talk to you, 24 hours a day, any day of the week.

Last edited:

JackM678

I've been looking up all sorts of laws because I'm also dealing with deep thoughts and fantasies of harming and injuring other people as well including attacking police officers in addition. As well as seeking revenge from things that happened 20 years ago. I've normally solved these issues in the past by using other people as scapegoats in ways I wouldn't get caught or likely get charges pressed on me.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Jack - please speak to your doctor ASAP. Explain your thoughts and ask for help. I'm sorry, but an internet forum designed to help people out with basic legal issues cannot help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">