• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can clawback be used in debt collection?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hulu

Civil litigation is different from criminal prosecution - but guesses are not really part or proof of either.
I said that because one of your mods said that cops could guess I was speeding, had too dark window tint or other things then I would be guilty until proven innocent in a court of law which is the exact opposite of how the law is suppose to work in America.

Cop can guess or estimate you have drugs in your car but that does not mean you are required to consent to a search. They need some kind of proof beyond a guess. Such as the smell of drugs or smoke from drugs, etc..

quincy

I said that because one of your mods said that cops could guess I was speeding, had too dark window tint or other things then I would be guilty until proven innocent in a court of law which is the exact opposite of how the law is suppose to work in America.
First, I see now that the window tint thread was locked. You received answers to your questions.

As to testimony from a police officer, yes, their observations are given a lot of weight in court. A good defense attorney often can successfully challenge these observations.

But in this thread you are talking about collection of a judgment and you cannot guess at what assets your judgment-debtor has. You must locate the assets if you wish to attach them. You have not located anything yet.

As a note: The moderators on this forum do not post on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">