• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CAN HE DO THIS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JACKIEK

I WAS A 2ND SHIFT SUPERVISOR AT A DATA ENTRY SERVICE BUREAU.
I GOT SICK WITH THE FLU FOR ABOUT 3 WEEKS,WE DONT HAVE ANY SICK DAYS.
I CALLED IN TO SAY I COULDNT WORK NIGHTS ANY MORE, & THAT I COULD WORK DAYS AT A LOWER PAY RATE. I WAS TOLD THAT I COULD WORK DAYS SINCE THEY DID NEED PEOPLE ON DAYS.
WHEN I CALLED ON IN THE MORNING SAYING I STILL DIDNT FEEL WELL, THEY CALLED ME LATER THAT NIGHT, SAYING THE MY BOSS SAID IF I DIDNT WORK NIGHTS I DIDNT HAVE A JOB!
SINCE THEN THEY HAVE HIRED 2 MORE PEOPLE ON DAYS.
CAN HE DO THIS?

A

Attorney_Replogle

I don't know CT's laws since I am only licensed in CA. However, based on what you say, I am not convinced that your temporary health condition would be considered a legally protected disability. The bottom line, I don't think that your employer committed any unlawful employment discrimination or termination. However, for a second opinion, you can consult an employment law attorney near you at attorneypages.com.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">