• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can he do this???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

robbiesmom54545

My ex-husband and I have been divorced since June 2000. He has sole physical custody of our now 19 month old son. We have joint legal custody. I live in Wisconsin, and they live in Texas. I plan on moving back down there the end of July. I still have my apartment down there, and it is section 8 housing. My ex said that if I move down there, he wont let our son visit me in my apartment because he doesnt like the neighborhood. Can he deny me visitation because of where I live???

[Edited by robbiesmom54545 on 04-17-2001 at 03:07 PM]

blueboy

he only has to let you see your son when it is court ordered. When he deny's your court ordered visitation make note of it. When it happens on a regular basis take him to court. Show up to pick your son up, and if he's not there call the police and have them make a report of it.

One question why does your ex have sole physical custody why did you move so far away so you could not be near yur child?

robbiesmom54545

to Naturalmom

The reason he got sole physical custody of our son is because at the time of our divorce, he had a job and I didnt. He also had a lawyer and I didnt, and I had no way of getting to court. His lawyer said only one of us had to be there, and we didnt have a babysitter for our son. I moved away because I couldnt get a job in Texas, and I have family in Wisconsin who could help me out. I tried to get a job down there, but had no luck. I am moving back down there this summer, hopefully things will be better this time!

J

Josie Leigh

Just for FUTURE reference. It is not a good idea to take legal advise from the OPPOSING attorney. He is there to represent the best interest of the other party and it sounds like he did a GREAT JOB!

There are alternatives to no representation. You can seek legal aide. If you were unemployed, you would definitely qualify for it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">