• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I Contest A Traffic Ticket???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nrsisistic

Hello All,
I'm posting from Richmond, VA. I was recently involved in an accident. The scenario, clear, sunny day, and about 3 to 4 cars in front of the car that I hit. Just before the accident, the cars passed a hill and were at the bottom of the hill. I was behind the hill. As soon as those cars passed the Hill I went over the hill and at the bottom of it and saw that the car that was in front of me didn't have his brakes lights on so there was no way I could tell they all just suddenly stopped. I know it's hard to believe but true. One of the cars in front of the car I hit suddenly stopped immediately causing me to hit the car. I hit the car partly because I saw no break lights and I was going to change lanes but when I realized the car was at a standstill I was in shock that I couldn't do anything about it so I braked hard and hit the bumper. Soon after the accident police arrived and asked for statements. The officer asked and I told him that I was about 2 car seconds behind the car that I rear ended. I admit I was at fault for the accident but I was mistaken about the distance I was behind the car I hit. I now realize I was actually about 5 to 6 seconds behind. I was in shock at the time of the accident. I seemed like everything was happening too fast. I could not really think when the officer questioned me. When I go to court is it worth explaining what I just explained here and pleed not guilty for the ticket of FOLLOWING TOO CLOSELY or just go ahead and pleed NO CONTEST OR GUILTY??? If so, do I need to take pictures of the hill, the road, how long my skidmarks were...anyting like that? THANKS

N

nrsisistic

By the way, I recently went to court May 26, and the officer did not show up. They didn't dismiss the case. I had an accident before and just my luck I have the same judge that I had before. He let me go to driving school before and asked me on May 26 if I would gain anything by going again or would I like to pleed NOT GUILTY. I told'em I'd like the court to hear my case so then he put a continuance on the case. I want to know...should I have went to driving school again knowing that it will eventually be off my record or fight my case and try to plee NOT GUILTY. Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">