• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I file contempt to court?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What's your basis?

And then, what's your goal?
I don't have much proof other than he often appears visibly under the influence of drugs (observed by others, as well, not just me) and had a past abuse history. I would ask to change the visitation to no overnight (is that reasonable - ?) if the drug test is positive.

Silverplum

I don't have much proof other than he often appears visibly under the influence of drugs (observed by others, as well, not just me) and had a past abuse history. I would ask to change the visitation to no overnight (is that reasonable - ?) if the drug test is positive.
You've never brought this up to the court (or here on FA) before now: is that correct?

Just Blue

Correct. I'm not really sure how to go about that.
Hire an attorney. If you don't know how to file yourself or to look up the information needed...Hire an attorney. S/He will be able to figure it all out. Who is truthful and Who it not is up to the judge. ;)

Thank you. I can't afford an attorney unfortunately. This is looking like it may cost me my job. If I do end up losing it, do you have any suggestions in regards to the next steps?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Thank you. I can't afford an attorney unfortunately. This is looking like it may cost me my job. If I do end up losing it, do you have any suggestions in regards to the next steps?
Truthfully, dad is sharing the duties of transportation. He is doing pick ups. That is what you said you wanted him to do -- share the duties. Are you changing your story?
If you end up losing it, file for unemployment and seek a new job.

As for the drug issue, you have no evidence he has a problem. Furthermore, what drug do you believe he may be using?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">