• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I get help when I am not in the US?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I live in Canada now, though I am from Australia originally. However, I did live in the US for a few years. While living there, in California, I lived with a man, in a relationship for a while, and as room-mates only for a period before I left the US. While we were living together, before and after the relationship broke up, he borrowed money from me, an amount totally almost $5000 US. Although he has constantly told me that he will try to pay me back, knowing that all this money was only loans, not given to him, it has been 4 years and I still haven't received any monies from him. Now I fear that I can't do anything to get this money from him because I am not in the US, nor am I a US citizen. He is a US citizen however. Does anyone have any ideas or solutions?
Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential