• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue lender company for not paying property taxes of my home ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

reddysham4u

What is the name of your state? Maryland - Howard county

My house was sold in Taxsale due to delinquent property taxes of my home in Howard county MD. I regulary pays my mortgage every month on time. I pay principle+interest+Escrow which includes property taxes to Lender company as part of my monthly mortgage. But lender company did not pay taxes and then property went to Taxsale. I got letter from Howard county that the house is sold due to delinquent property taxes and I need to pay the outstanding property tax in order to retain home within 4 months, otherwise It can not be retained. Then I contacted lender about the situation and they said that they will pay delinquent taxes and any penalties related to this. Can I sue lender because of this fault and I have gone thru many sleepless nights. I was really worried that I may have to lose the home. Looking for attorney who can help. Also considering attorney on no fee, no win lawyers.

HRZ

the law favors a cure..and apparently as posted the lender is stepping up to the plate and paying all the fees and penalties

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
If the lender fixes it by paying the tax current and you get to keep the home as a result then you have no damages for which to sue. You don't win anything for sleepless nights and worry.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
If I were in your shoes, I'd stay on top of the situation w/the county and lender to make sure it's paid. Even after - check quarterly (assuming taxes are due quarterly).

justalayman

Since the owner receives notice of delinquency, why didn’t you act upon the first notice of delinquent taxes?

And no, a lawyer that works on contingency will not be interested in this case. Lawyers work on contingency where there is a possibility of the award will provide adequate compensation for their efforts. Yours won’t.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">