• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue My Tax Preparer and How

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chemosy

I live in Georgia, My Tax Preparer (who is in Dallas Texas) has not sent me my Tax Refund yet i called the IRS and they direct deposited the money on Feb 19 2010, He keeps giving me a run around and would not answer my calls. I asked a friend if she knew someone to file taxes, she advised that did and refered me to a preparer.I sent her my W2 to inquire what my refund would be.The preparer went ahead and filed my taxes. I did not sign the form authourizing, they just put my last four of my ss# and filed. I did ask them to send me a copy of the returns which they did.The taxes were filed on Feb 8 2010 and the direct deposit was done Feb 19 2010 according to IRS.I just found out that the amount that was depoisted was $8319 according to IRS while the tax forms the preparer sent me shows only $5423. I have called the prepare but he would not answer my calls nor return voicemails he jeeps giving me a run a round.I have filed a complaint with the IRS to do a trace on the refund. They tell me its going to take 6 weeks. Should i sue the preparer and if so how do i do it.

tranquility

And, you would need an attorney as it is unclear what you're saying.

If money from a refund you were entitled to went into the tax preparer's account based on forms you did not sign, we have multiple crimes. Is that what you are alleging?

Antigone*

And, you would need an attorney as it is unclear what you're saying.

If money from a refund you were entitled to went into the tax preparer's account based on forms you did not sign, we have multiple crimes. Is that what you are alleging?
It sounds to me like this OP got taken...big time. Why on earth would someone in Georgia send this W2 to a tax preparer in Dallas:eek:? Something smells very fishy here!!!

This is very scary, the more I think about it. I can only image with this "tax preparer" did with this guys return ~ The OP has no way to prove that the return he has in his hands is the return that was filed with the IRS ~ I betcha it wasn't:eek:

chemosy

Thanks for Advise

Thanks for the advise, I already filed a complaint with IRS, which ofcourse they say would take 6 weeks, Now if i were to sue him would i have to do that in Texas, I know .. i made a big mistake to email my W2s (me stupid) my intention was to find out how much i would get and not to have hem file but they went a head and file. They used my last four of my SS# from the W2 as my signature thats what i mean that i did not sign the return, anyway now thats what the situation is. Now do i need an attorney to persue this case and would that be an attorney from Georgia or Dallas? I do suspect that the money went to him or somewhere that the preparer knows. I will ind that out after the IRS trace.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">