• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can I sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

catsbear

my son 17 is in ohio detention center he has tourette,ocd,adhd to name a few he is on several different meds.Last week the nurse allowed my son to run out of his clonidine a med he has been taking for 7 years for tourette.I was never notified to refill meds and upon visition one of three times a week I found him to be very ill welts and rash and shaking very disorientated we were then informed the meds had been out for several days he is okay now but suffered for many days. I feel this was a terrible case of negligence his doctor informed me his blood pressure was sky high and the results could have been worse if it went on longer
can anyone give me advice?
thank you

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

In addition to contacting this site: http://www.nacd.org/

I think you should consider placing your son in another more well kept facility. As to the suffering of your child, and the lack of notification on their part about medication running out, you need to contact a medical malpractice attorney to recover both facility fees, and pain and suffering.

This is definitely a case of medical negligence.

My heart goes out to you. To contact a lawyer in medical malpractice, try attorneypages.com or try calling your state bar association and asking for lawyer referral.

C

catsbear

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Arial, Verdana, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lawrat:
I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

I think you should consider placing your son in another more well kept facility. As to the suffering of your child, and the lack of notification on their part about medication running out, you need to contact a medical malpractice attorney to recover both facility fees, and pain and suffering.

My heart goes out to you. To contact a lawyer in medical malpractice, try attorneypages.com or try calling your state bar association and asking for lawyer referral.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

dear law rat thank you for your reply my son is in a juvenile detention center for a crime he commited does this make a difference?

C

catsbear

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Arial, Verdana, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lawrat:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

dear law rat thank you for your reply my son is in a juvenile detention center for a crime he commited does this make a difference?

L

lawrat

It doesn't make a difference as to the lack of health care he received, which could have wound up being life threatening.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">