• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can my child's half siblings mother get child support money from me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Your ex. You have no obligation in the matter therefore cannot be arrested for breaking any laws in the matter.
Unless she is helping her ex. Is her ex still working with her? Are there emails and such? Is she still with her ex in that she is still sleeping with him? I can think of various ways in which she could be conspiring.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I understand. Next time I will just report and ignore.
Or you might answer because you could be exposed for conspiracy and fraud. You reporting me doesn't matter. That just proves the point. And the fact that you responded to the post that was reported tells me you are the one who reported it. Of what are you afraid?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding you. Do you mean a misdemeanor or felony towards me or my ex?
Well, I could see where you could get charged criminally.. Won't guess with what because it is determined how far you have agreed with him on his plans.

LdiJ

Unless she is helping her ex. Is her ex still working with her? Are there emails and such? Is she still with her ex in that she is still sleeping with him? I can think of various ways in which she could be conspiring.
There are ways that people could conspire with an ex to help them avoid showing income, but in this case, all that is happening is that the ex is sending her money. It may or may not be more than he is ordered to pay her, but I cannot see any way that sending her more than he is ordered to pay would help him avoid getting in trouble for not paying support for his other children. The other ex already has a support order, therefore it is not a case of hiding income to reduce the calculation either.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
There are ways that people could conspire with an ex to help them avoid showing income, but in this case, all that is happening is that the ex is sending her money. It may or may not be more than he is ordered to pay her, but I cannot see any way that sending her more than he is ordered to pay would help him avoid getting in trouble for not paying support for his other children. The other ex already has a support order, therefore it is not a case of hiding income to reduce the calculation either.
She could still be held liable. Hence my questions which she has avoided.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
We both have child support orders. He has always sent $3000 every month without fail. He however, has not ever sent the other woman any money for their kids.
Why does your ex favor your kid over the others?

You state that there are court orders. Are they both through Nevada?

You state that he is honoring one court order and ignoring the other. The other baby momma can take Dad to court to try to enforce the order. She can ask that the child support be handled by Child Support Enforcement (or whatever it's called where she is), so that his arrears are documented, and the deadbeat can lose his license, lose his passport, have his accounts frozen, have his tax refund intercepted, etc. Oh, and by the way, if he's been working under the table but still paying you $3K a month, hopefully he has been filing something plausible for income taxes.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Why does your ex favor your kid over the others?

You state that there are court orders. Are they both through Nevada?

You state that he is honoring one court order and ignoring the other. The other baby momma can take Dad to court to try to enforce the order. She can ask that the child support be handled by Child Support Enforcement (or whatever it's called where she is), so that his arrears are documented, and the deadbeat can lose his license, lose his passport, have his accounts frozen, have his tax refund intercepted, etc. Oh, and by the way, if he's been working under the table but still paying you $3K a month, hopefully he has been filing something plausible for income taxes.
She won't be back. There are serious concerns here.. especially if he is paying her 3k and she is paying some of his bills or giving him access to that money in some way.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
One thing I'd like to point out is that the OP never stated that the guy was paying her (the OP) the amount of support that was ordered by the court. It was implied, but not stated.

LdiJ

She won't be back. There are serious concerns here.. especially if he is paying her 3k and she is paying some of his bills or giving him access to that money in some way.
While I understand your point I still don't see how that impacts her unless he is using it to claim that his income is less than it really is, and even then, the money is coming to her AFTER he is receiving it therefore it would literally have to be cash income to him and cash payments to her, with absolutely no paper trail of the money, before it wouldn't show up somehow as income to him.

Even then, the indications are that there is already a child support order for those other children, which he is NOT paying, therefore it seems more likely that he has some personal reason/ego reason/angry man reason for paying what he is ordered to pay the OP and not paying what he is ordered to pay the other mother, rather than the OP colluding with him to somehow not pay her. That could be something along the lines of the OP sleeping with him when the other mother won't, but that doesn't make her criminally liable for his non-payment.

Last edited:

LdiJ

At the very least, she is complicit in his income tax fraud.
What income tax fraud? Sure, he is self employed so there is always a possibility that he is committing some sort of income tax fraud, but there is no actual indication here that something like that is going on or that she is abetting something like that. The only info here so far is that there are child support orders for both mothers and he is paying one mother (what is ordered or higher) and not paying the other.

The issue is that one mother is demanding that the other mother give her half of what she is receiving. Of course, the OP should not do that. IF the op is abetting any kind of fraud at all she should stop, but the last thing that she should do is pay money to the other mother. In the long run that doesn't benefit anyone

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What income tax fraud? Sure, he is self employed so there is always a possibility that he is committing some sort of income tax fraud, but there is no actual indication here that something like that is going on or that she is abetting something like that. The only info here so far is that there are child support orders for both mothers and he is paying one mother (what is ordered or higher) and not paying the other.

The issue is that one mother is demanding that the other mother give her half of what she is receiving. Of course, the OP should not do that. IF the op is abetting any kind of fraud at all she should stop, but the last thing that she should do is pay money to the other mother. In the long run that doesn't benefit anyone
Dad works under the table she said. So under the table implies completely that he is not paying taxes.

LdiJ

Dad works under the table she said. So under the table implies completely that he is not paying taxes.
To you, and to me it implies that. However, believe it or not the vast majority of people call any independent contractor work as "working under the table". They don't understand that what the phrase "working under the table" actually means. It is something that I deal with all the time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">