• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can obligor fight child support / back pay ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Puppylover1846

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
Ex husband hasn't paid in 20 yrs, going thru A/G for c/s. At the time I started this endeavor, she was 18 - 19, still in hs. Now she's 20, living in another state. The father, my ex, is advising he will fight support, not because he doesn't owe it, but because it is child support, not mother support...
Keep in mind, I raised her for 19 yrs without his help, my own funds...does the cs have to go to her?

I'mTheFather

If you had a court order for child support for those 17 years, then he owes you a debt. He does not owe your daughter. I hope he gets nailed.

BL

Well what have you done to enforce it in 20 Yrs.?

Please explain. If he's going to be a deadbeat or has nothing ,don't expect a dime.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
Ex husband hasn't paid in 20 yrs, going thru A/G for c/s. At the time I started this endeavor, she was 18 - 19, still in hs. Now she's 20, living in another state. The father, my ex, is advising he will fight support, not because he doesn't owe it, but because it is child support, not mother support...
Keep in mind, I raised her for 19 yrs without his help, my own funds...does the cs have to go to her?
Did you actually have an ORDER before she turned 18/19?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">