• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can police authorize informants to sleep with a suspect and try to entrap them on sex crimes within real sex encounters?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endofdays

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I have heard that it is unlawful (or at least contrary to established police procedure) for the police to authorize an informant to engage in sexual intercourse with the target of a police investigation. Could someone cite a specific law or police policy that is violated when the police authorize an informant to sleep with a target of an investigation? What crimes could the police and the informant be charged with if they engage in sexual relations with a target? Again, please provide reference to a specific law or policy...

https://scholarlycommons.law.case.ed...ntext=caselrev

Another citation of North Dakota Law:

http://www.legis.nd.gov/cencode/t29c29-5.pdf (29-29.5-05. Written agreement required ---- "A warning that sexual relations with an intended target of a police investigation is a
violation of the agreement and may be a violation of the law")

Another citation:

http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20...d-drug-charges

"Having sex with the suspects in the cases constitutes entrapment and violates the defendants’ due process rights, according to Florida case law cited by defense lawyers. Also, any sexual relationship between an informant and a target violates the rules of nearly every law enforcement agency, federal, state or local."

So what is the crime?

Endofdays

Umm? For what? Boy you really got here quick though. Proves you're stalking me (and abducting me for preventing me from getting a legal appraisal of this matter).

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Your prior thread on this got closed because it started to get out of hand — you started threatening people with reporting posts to law enforcement and resorted to insults like calling them retards. You should not have started this new one. The topic has been closed by the admins of this site. And no, closing the topic on this private web site does not violate any of your rights. You have the right to report what you think is going on to law enforcement. If you have evidence of a crime, as you say you do, law enforcement will take the appropriate action. You may consult an attorney in your state. Just don’t expect us to buy your claims that the police have engaged in some kind of elaborate scheme to frame you sex crimes over a 15 year period with no results. While you may believe that to be true, it is simply not credible. No rational person would do that.

Endofdays

Oh... I'm sure the police never do anything wrong. Unfortunately, I already have proof enough to charge everyone that harassed me with tampering. Stop protecting sex offenders.

And asking administration to ban me violates my rights, just as the people on this site are. Alleging informant abuse is not patently delusional or fanciful. Did you read those articles? Sounds like the police use informants! And sounds like sometimes they sleep with targets too!! Rocket science!!!

You've now robbed me of a day's labor over distress from your harassment. That calls for charges. And I will be recommending prosecution of every last person that thinks they can help the police get away with a 16 year long civil rights abduction and 1500 counts of sexual assault by uttering calumnies at me.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Oh... I'm sure the police never do anything wrong. Unfortunately, I already have proof enough to charge everyone that harassed me with tampering. Stop protecting sex offenders.

And asking administration to ban me violates my rights, just as the people on this site are. Alleging informant abuse is not patently delusional or fanciful. Did you read those articles? Sounds like the police use informants! And sounds like sometimes they sleep with targets too!! Rocket science!!!

You've now robbed me of a day's labor over distress from your harassment. That calls for charges. And I will be recommending prosecution of every last person that thinks they can help the police get away with a 16 year long civil rights abduction and 1500 counts of sexual assault by uttering calumnies at me.
Asking admin to ban you violates no rights.
On a side note...I learned a new word today :)

ETA: The post above mine has been reported.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Then take your information to prosecutors. If in fact you have evidence that crimes were committed as you say you do, they will prosecute it. If you don't then they won't. Why discuss it here if you are so confident that you have what it takes to get the police prosecuted?

And asking administration to ban me violates my rights, just as the people on this site are. Alleging informant abuse is not patently delusional or fanciful.
This is a private web site. You have no right to post here other than what the admins of this site permit. No rights of yours are violated by that. No law says you have any right to post on private web sites. Nor are any of your rights violated by my telling you that I am very skeptical of your claims. I think you may well believe what you say is true, but I have my doubts that your beliefs are accurate. You cannot dictate to me what I think, and it's no crime for me to tell you what I think. Indeed, I trust you familiar with the first amendment? The government cannot punish me for expressing my views.

If you become distressed simply because I expressed skepticism of your claims, then I suggest you see a mental health professional to deal with that. Expecting people to go along with you no matter what you say is not realistic, and skepticism is hardly harassment. If you think I am somehow scared of your threats about charges, think again. I've committed no crime, so I have no worries about that. So go ahead, report this to law enforcement. It will be a waste of your time to do it, but that’s your choice. You clearly do not know know the law at all well, and seem to harbor a lot of misconceptions about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">