• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can somebody be forced to remove pictures and videos of somebody else?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Interesting.... We had a family photo done. Once. I still have it somewhere. Just to remind me that the sadness in my children's eyes needed to end.
I have worked with many excellent photojournalists in the past and their ability to capture the essence of an incident or event just in the faces of people continues to astound and impress me. Eyes really can tell the story.

What is the name of your state? TN

My son is 18 & won't talk to me and hasn't for several years. His mother has alienated him and intervenes in my attempts at reconciliation

If I post a webpage with pictures of him, and also links to youtube videos when he was younger, showing proof that we used to have a great relationship, can he force me to take them down and get me in legal trouble if I don't? I think his mother might try to get him to intervene legally to get me in trouble.

What are you trying to accomplish?

It's been pretty well shown that parental alienation backfires. Look it up, Google is your friend. As your child becomes independent and forms his own opinion, his mother will have less of a hold over him. As others have said, give it time. And I would suggest that you see some counseling so that you are in the best possible place to move forward with a relationship with your son when he is ready. That means not casting blame, or being angry at his mother, who he loves.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
What are you trying to accomplish?

It's been pretty well shown that parental alienation backfires. Look it up, Google is your friend. As your child becomes independent and forms his own opinion, his mother will have less of a hold over him. As others have said, give it time. And I would suggest that you see some counseling so that you are in the best possible place to move forward with a relationship with your son when he is ready. That means not casting blame, or being angry at his mother, who he loves.
If I may make a small addendum... It is not unheard of for the alienated parent to insist that the other parent is responsible for the alienation, while taking no responsibility for the issues. (I've been on the opposite side of this.) As the child "grows" up, they will form their own opinions, and - possibly - see what the alienated parent refuses to acknowledge.

So, yes - counseling, and a willingness to accept any "blame" you *may* share.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">