• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can u help?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?California,I live in Ventura County and recently i have charges against me for Welfare fraud a total of 18,000.00 dollars in fines i have a public defender for my case.He says its a felony charge and wants to negociate my case to a less charge for a misdeomener and for me to come up with 10,000.00 for my charges,he said if not that the judge will leave the felony charge and he will give me jail time,he said the max is six months in county jail or i can get less i want to do the time better because i can afford to come up with the fine and plus i have a hanndicap daughter and a one year old,that i take care of.My question is do u think i can get house arrest to do my time?My public defender said i can get work furlow(i guess its work release)Ive never been in trouble or in jail and i cant leave my kids alone either,so all i want to know is how much time do u think i can get and if its possible to get house arrest in my case? :(


Senior Member
hermosa36_69 said:
do u think i can get house arrest to do my time?
I hope not. You have stolen $18,000 of MY money. I hope the hell they take you out behind the courthouse and shoot you!!
Have a hap-hap-happy day!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential