• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car dealership won't pay balance on trade-in vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xylene

Is it not normal to give the complaining customer priority?
No, complaining customers get sent to the back of the line. That's not right or fair maybe, but it is human nature.

Ask them politely to 'expedite the situation please' and ask them how they will make this unpleasant situation right for you.

Be prepared to accept an answer that is possible without a time machine.

Something like first scheduled service free or some car wash coupons, they'll let you test drive the new Z400 or something.

Come on, you can make this work. At this point you are out literally nothing but some stress.

50Cal

No, complaining customers get sent to the back of the line. That's not right or fair maybe, but it is human nature.

Ask them politely to 'expedite the situation please' and ask them how they will make this unpleasant situation right for you.

Be prepared to accept an answer that is possible without a time machine.

Something like first scheduled service free or some car wash coupons, they'll let you test drive the new Z400 or something.

Come on, you can make this work. At this point you are out literally nothing but some stress.
Can I hire a lawyer to apply some legal pressure on them? Maybe send some potential legal action letters or something? Won't that hurry things along, at least when they know I have somebody that knows the law side of the business on my corner?

LdiJ

Can I hire a lawyer to apply some legal pressure on them? Maybe send some potential legal action letters or something? Won't that hurry things along, at least when they know I have somebody that knows the law side of the business on my corner?
You can, but the dealer is going to know that you won't follow through with the attorney because the amount of money involved isn't worth getting an attorney involved. It would cost less for you to pay off the traded in car.

However, you do not need an attorney to file suit in small claims court, and you filing that suit might spur them into getting it done.

50Cal

You can, but the dealer is going to know that you won't follow through with the attorney because the amount of money involved isn't worth getting an attorney involved. It would cost less for you to pay off the traded in car.

However, you do not need an attorney to file suit in small claims court, and you filing that suit might spur them into getting it done.
I had looked up their name at the Texas Secretary of State's database. However it seems unclear under which entity that particular dealership is under. There are multiple entities registered with the secretary of state (below screenshot)

Link to screenshot showing names at Secretary of State Database

So how does one decipher which name that particular dealership that signed the contract is under and (2) Do you believe I have a case even though the legal fees might exceed the amount the dealership owes me?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">