• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Case moved to Floida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I have a son who i'm paying support for, whose case started in NORTH CAROLINA. The mother and my son has moved back down to Florida. A few days ago, I received a letter from NC advising of a call back to verify income changes. I called them and they inquired into whether or not the mother is still in NC, I did advise that she wasnt, and they even knew what address she could possibly be, and I did confirm it. The case worker did advise me that the case would be moved to Florida now, once they get her to confirm the address/the move.
What changes could I possibly expect from this happening.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You misunderstood something.
Without action by you (or the mother), the case won't just "move" all by itself.

what do you mean when you say no action being taken, by me or the mother? the case worker, stated that NC no longer has any reason to still hold it, and monitor payments, since she now stays in florida.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You would need to request that the case be transferred. It doesn't just "happen" magically.

OK. Thats what the case worker is going to do. At least thats what she stated to me. Can anyone tell me what changes I can possibly expect by the case being moved to Florida from North Carolina

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">