• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Chain Collision Rear Ended

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vipervin

It's unfortunate that the lesson you learned from this is that it's ok to lie
Every man for himself, right?

as opposed to the lesson most reasonable people would learn (namely, one should make sure they maintain adequate insurance for their needs).
Paying for the damages is not the problem. By dropping my full coverage last year, I saved ~$1400 this year, more than enough to fix the damages right now.

ecmst12 said:
Only if you can prove it by showing damage to the rear of your vehicle, or if a witness confirms it. If you just SAY you were hit by someone else but have no proof, that's called phantom vehicle and you will still be liable.
Maybe I won't get my rear bumper damages fixed. ;)

vipervin

Also want to say thanks for all your comments. I may have seem thick-headed, but only because what happened to me defies all common-sense that I have grown to learn about.

JustAPal00

Also want to say thanks for all your comments. I may have seem thick-headed, but only because what happened to me defies all common-sense that I have grown to learn about.
Common sense seems to be something you're lacking! You weren't prepared so now you just want to blame anyone so that you don't have to pay the price for your lack of foresight!

The lesson you should take from this is: If you can't afford to lose your car, carry enough insurance to cover it.

It's great that you saved $1400 this year, if it's more then enough to pay the damage, then you made out. But what if your car had been totaled?

vipervin

Common sense seems to be something you're lacking! You weren't prepared so now you just want to blame anyone so that you don't have to pay the price for your lack of foresight!
I was just sitting there at the red light minding my own business. Suddenly I was rear-ended and now I have to cover the damages?

I wasn't prepared so I want to blame anyone? :confused: ... no, I am blaming the vehicle behind me. Common sense dictates you don't stop your vehicle an inch away from the front vehicle. No one does this because it does not allow for any leeway in case of an unexpected situation.

The lesson you should take from this is: If you can't afford to lose your car, carry enough insurance to cover it.

It's great that you saved $1400 this year, if it's more then enough to pay the damage, then you made out. But what if your car had been totaled?
I could afford to lose the car. Car's present value is only $9k. I DID the math, and it makes no sense monetarily to have full coverage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">