• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

change of status H1 B to married

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California
I am on an H1 B visa and am marrying a US citizen next month. Should I use a lawyer to file or is the procedure fairly simple? Also, I have a dilemma in that I am currently working in CA and we are moving to OR. I will not be able to work in OR until the adjustment of status is complete (approximately 2 months I've been told). To keep ourselves fincancially stable we would like me to be able to continue working in CA until the adjustment is complete and commute to OR 1-2 times a month. Is that possible or do I just have to try and get by without a job in OR?
thanks for any advice!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential