• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Changing a childs last name when the father dosent want to

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cateyes1

This is in the State of Texas. Can you change a childs last name because the mother and child wants it? we have been paying child support on my daughter sense1994 and my ex-wife remarried a lawyer. They took us to court on December22,2000 they are very good freinds with the judge,the so called judge would not even let us present our case it was terribleSo now we still have to pay child support but her last name was change. we have not seen the child for 4 years because of all the crap she put me and my family though.So they say I abandant my child even when I pay child support. Do I not have any say so over this? WE thought about appealing this but dont know if it would be worth it. Please help me.We told them if they wanted a name change we would give up our rights so they could change the last name but the said noway they just wanted to change her last name.Now mind you there has never been any kind of abuse here just from the mother giving my lovely new family through hell. Thank you Please help me and if you cant maybe you know someone who can. Thank you very much
Cateyes

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">