• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Changing RE code

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AZ, I was discharged March 2019 from the Army reserve with an Other than honorable, I want to re-enlist but need to change the RE code, how do I change the Rae code or upgrade my discharge?

PayrollHRGuy

You might want to read the link I posted. Especially this.

The RE code is not upgraded to allow enlistment. Soldiers separated with an RE-3 or RE-4 code must seek a waiver from a recruiter to enlist. Depending on the type of discharge and disqualification, a waiver may not be possible.

That is why I asked for additional details.

I honestly didn’t see you asked for more details, my apologies. I was discharged because I missed drill, I spoke to a recruiter to see if I could reenlist and he said he wouldn’t be able to waive it that I would need to upgrade the type of discharge from Other than honorable to general to get a waiver to join

PayrollHRGuy

You can try but the Review Board's website clearly says that they don't upgrade to do reenlistment.

I think you might be better off looking for a different recruiter.

You might also want to show your current one that link.

FlyingRon

The RE code and the discharge are distinct things. RE codes aren't just upgraded. You have to show that they were somehow improperly applied in your situaiton. What is your RE code? Not all RE codes will allow enlistment under a waiver.

You can try but the Review Board's website clearly says that they don't upgrade to do reenlistment.

I think you might be better off looking for a different recruiter.

You might also want to show your current one that link.
I’ll definitely try a different recruiter thanks for the help

The RE code and the discharge are distinct things. RE codes aren't just upgraded. You have to show that they were somehow improperly applied in your situaiton. What is your RE code? Not all RE codes will allow enlistment under a waiver.
I honestly don’t know what my RE code is I didn’t get. DD214 I got discharge orders it doesn’t show RE code it only says the characteristic of the discharge (OTH)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">