• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Changing the amount of Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slburke

rmet4nzkx said:
Taxes are due today, did the accountant already process his return and your portion without your consent? Have you contacted the accountant? You were only married 3 months 14days during 2005 do your have access to the return? Did you consider filing married but filing separate return? That tax return should give you a good idea of his income for any modification of child support? In the future, who is claiming the children? Since you retained the family home how is that being factored? Were you a partner in his business? your name is not on his FBN filing, is his business tax return separate?
sorry, it was for 2004 taxes - I filed for divorce in October, papers were signed on November 24 - we were told to file jointly in 2004 since we were married for more than half the year - the money that we were to get back was used to pay his 2005 estimated taxes - we received about $8000 total and $6000 of that went to paying his estimated taxes - he gave me the check from the IRS in the amount of $2000 and was to pay me the difference - but hasn't. We were also supposed to get money back from the state about $750 but he received a notice indicating that no money was due because of a mistake made on the filing of the taxes. I filed taxes for 2005 as head of household, he is not able to claim the kids because they live with me full time - he only gets them on the weekends - I checked to make sure about this before I filed for taxes.

rmet4nzkx

slburke said:
rmet4nzkx said:
Sheri,
Make an appointment at the family law facilitators office and ask them for assistance. According to the records,
thanks appreciate your input - he bought the house in Feb of this year and we have been divorced for almost a year in May - so this may or may not help me. Againk, thanks for your advise.
You were divorced in March of 2005 not May and he is on a grant deed with his Mother and brother as of 3-24-2006, not February. Now if he bought another home and if was bought in the same county in February, it is under someone elses name. Is his mother finacing him or sheltering his money?

rmet4nzkx

slburke said:
sorry, it was for 2004 taxes - I filed for divorce in October, papers were signed on November 24 - we were told to file jointly in 2004 since we were married for more than half the year - the money that we were to get back was used to pay his 2005 estimated taxes - we received about $8000 total and $6000 of that went to paying his estimated taxes - he gave me the check from the IRS in the amount of $2000 and was to pay me the difference - but hasn't. We were also supposed to get money back from the state about $750 but he received a notice indicating that no money was due because of a mistake made on the filing of the taxes. I filed taxes for 2005 as head of household, he is not able to claim the kids because they live with me full time - he only gets them on the weekends - I checked to make sure about this before I filed for taxes.
You were married for the whole year in 2004. You really need an attorney to help straighten this out. Have you talked to his accountant yet? How is your child support payment being made, directly or through CSE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">