• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Chap 7 and Timeshare

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bigun

You're the one who keeps bring up collection agencies. The OC is not bound by the FDCPA so your recourse against them would be violation of the permanent injunction in attempting to collect a discharged debt.

donnymax62

bigun said:
You're the one who keeps bring up collection agencies. The OC is not bound by the FDCPA so your recourse against them would be violation of the permanent injunction in attempting to collect a discharged debt.
Right. So who inforces the permanent injunction? The bankruptcy court? Or do I have to file a civil suit against them? The FDCPA would only come into play if they hire a CA to collect.

bigun

Your lawyer will explain the mechanics but basically, you reopen the bk and file a complaint against whomever is violating the injunction and there is a hearing before a bk judge.
I really doubt it'll come to that.

donnymax62

bigun said:
Your lawyer will explain the mechanics but basically, you reopen the bk and file a complaint against whomever is violating the injunction and there is a hearing before a bk judge.
I really doubt it'll come to that.
Thanks for all your help, bigun.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">