• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Chapter 13 and Foreclosure Auction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Souix

What is the name of your state? Oregon

I have a listing that is scheduled to go to auction sale on the courthouse steps 12/26 at 10am. If my client files a Chapter 13 bankruptcy will that stop the sale? Can I continue to market the property under a Chapter 13 even though the homeowner is in foreclosure?

I already know that a C7 will stop the sale and I cannot market it under a C7 either. Just want to know about C13. Thanks.

HomeGuru

Souix said:
What is the name of your state? Oregon

I have a listing that is scheduled to go to auction sale on the courthouse steps 12/26 at 10am. If my client files a Chapter 13 bankruptcy will that stop the sale?

**A: yes, as there will be an automatic stay.
Can I continue to market the property under a Chapter 13 even though the homeowner is in foreclosure?

**A: you will need to get permission from the BK Trustee.

I already know that a C7 will stop the sale and I cannot market it under a C7 either. Just want to know about C13. Thanks.
**A: same rules apply.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">