• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

charged for merchandise not received

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

phyllis123

Phyllis from Maryland

Thanks for the reply JasonRT.

i have another situation to run by you are anyone who wants to give me some advice. i ordered an item from a catalog over the phone using my credit card. a few days later i received a notice in the mail saying the purchase was not approved due to a problem with my credit card. the notice said i should contact them and re-order. i did that. i then received a second notice saying there was still a problem with the credit card and to contact them again to re-order. at this point i no longer wanted the merchandise so i did not contact them again. on my next credit card statement i saw i had been charged for the item anyway. i called the company and they said to just send it back when i receive it and they will credit my card back. well i never received the merchandise. i called my credit card company and they credited me pending an investigation. apparently all the investigation consisted of is whether or not the company actually shipped the merchandise. they were able to prove that with copies of the UPS tracking receipt. so my credit card company concluded that the charge was valid and has reinstated it. my complaint is: first, I did not renew my order a second time so the order should have never been processed. apparently they continued to attempt the purchase without my consent. second, i never received the merchandise. the UPS tracking receipt claims the item was left on my front porch. that may be true but i never received it. anything could have happened to it that way. and third, my credit card company should have never approved such a purchase when i clearly did not have enough available credit to cover it at the time. my limit is only $300 and the purchased totalled $287. under these circumstances, do i have a chance at fighting the charge?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">