• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Checking accuracy of pass-through charges such as trash collection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Interesting discussion/points raised. Thanks all for your feedback/contributions.
We appreciate you returning to the forum to thank us, steve_w, so thank you.

I hope you were able to get the information you were seeking from your landlord.

FarmerJ

LDJ a closing thought here is with Steves LL it sounds as if every tenant in the building is forced to eat the cost of move out trash which is not fair, I was lucky In Mpls we had city wide pickup , yet I recall buildings in the suburbs years ago that said they would charge tenants deposits for excess trash at move outs.

quincy

LDJ a closing thought here is with Steves LL it sounds as if every tenant in the building is forced to eat the cost of move out trash which is not fair, I was lucky In Mpls we had city wide pickup , yet I recall buildings in the suburbs years ago that said they would charge tenants deposits for excess trash at move outs.
Many communities limit the amount of trash each household (or rental unit) can put out for collection each week. Sometimes this is done by number of bags, other times by number of trash cans.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">