• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Chickens or Hens allowed in city

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SAJJU

Wondering if you were able to get the hens in your yard in Dearborn. Facing a similar circumstance in the same city. Any lessons learned would be much appreciated!
The city ordinance allows us to get the permit .But for city it is new as they haven’t given permit for this purpose earlier therefore they are reluctant.Although many city council members were very very positive. But quietness and unresponsive behavior of corporate council is just delaying it. I believe city council needs a powerful push from people to show that many citizens are interested. Their approval can make corporate council define a new ordinance for HENS or may be for more SMALL farm animals like rabbits or dwarf goats which are equal to the medium size dogs.
I believe if you are interested, the best thing to do is to start make a small group of same interest people, study ordinance of cities who have allowed it and start a petition in city.
Throughout summer there is a farm market close to Bryant branch. Many other businesses will support this too. They are completely safe and environment friendly pets/animals .Many other communities including capitol of MI-LANSING have done this in similar ways. We can do that too. I was just caught up with my personal commitments, therefore was not able to pursue it further. But If anyone is interested I am available for support. And anymore information I can provide.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">