• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Custody Predicament in Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyback1

Possibly I do have an ax to grind, but I was mainly posting to help OP, believe it or not.

OP: Ask yourself this, how would you feel if she were doing this to you? Because, inevitably, she will. Or something like it.

As I said earlier: You have no legal obligations at this point. Run fast, run far.
You have no idea what sort of relationship the OP and girlfriend have....AND you have no idea what sort of relationship the girlfriend and the Ex had. You know nothing about the people involved. You are making assumptions based on your own failed relationships and/or personal issues. And your personal feelings really have nothing to do with legal advice.

axiom4018

Well if you guys want to know the current situation. My fiance is pregnant with my child and we are getting married in December. I got a better job opportunity in another city hence the reason she is moving with me. She is not doing this to screw ex over. She is doing what is in the best interest of the family. Not sure why you people judge so much.

grasshoppa

Well if you guys want to know the current situation. My fiance is pregnant with my child and we are getting married in December. I got a better job opportunity in another city hence the reason she is moving with me. She is not doing this to screw ex over. She is doing what is in the best interest of the family. Not sure why you people judge so much.
Actually, it's just me that's being judgmental. Of course, I was also trying to help you.

Mind you, "the family" here doesn't just encompass the eventual 3 of you. It's the 5 of you; mom, the other dad, their child, then you and your (eventual) child. And look at how she's treating "other dad" and their mutual child.

I hope for the best for you, I really do. I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

axiom4018

Actually, it's just me that's being judgmental. Of course, I was also trying to help you.

Mind you, "the family" here doesn't just encompass the eventual 3 of you. It's the 5 of you; mom, the other dad, their child, then you and your (eventual) child. And look at how she's treating "other dad" and their mutual child.

I hope for the best for you, I really do. I hope I'm wrong.
I don't see how she is being mean to her ex. He has an open invitation to keep see his daughter whenever he wants. He would rather go bar hopping after work than spend few hours with his child. He has always had an open invitation. He still has not signed AOP or put himself on birth certificate. His excuse is he never has time. He sees his child maybe once a week if at all. He wont put her on health insurance of his at work since his excuse he never has time for anything. He has been treated more than fairly. The fact that the child screams when she sees him should be indicative of what kind of dad he has been. We have given him all the opportunity to be close to his daughter. The only thing he does is pay some child support. He is underpaying by a lot since he makes real good money but we really don't care about that now.

Ladyback1

I don't see how she is being mean to her ex. He has an open invitation to keep see his daughter whenever he wants. He would rather go bar hopping after work than spend few hours with his child. He has always had an open invitation. He still has not signed AOP or put himself on birth certificate. His excuse is he never has time. He sees his child maybe once a week if at all. He wont put her on health insurance of his at work since his excuse he never has time for anything. He has been treated more than fairly. The fact that the child screams when she sees him should be indicative of what kind of dad he has been. We have given him all the opportunity to be close to his daughter. The only thing he does is pay some child support. He is underpaying by a lot since he makes real good money but we really don't care about that now.

Mom needs to do whatever she needs to do that is in the best interest of the child.

LdiJ

Possibly I do have an ax to grind, but I was mainly posting to help OP, believe it or not.

OP: Ask yourself this, how would you feel if she were doing this to you? Because, inevitably, she will. Or something like it.

As I said earlier: You have no legal obligations at this point. Run fast, run far.
Many, if not most parents who move are doing it for a legitimate reason...not just to mess with the other parent.

grasshoppa

Many, if not most parents who move are doing it for a legitimate reason...not just to mess with the other parent.
I've known a few that would have done it solely to screw with an ex. However, I almost agree; most people move for what they consider to be legitimate reasons.

Most ( that I've seen anyway ) don't consider the well being of their children when considering their "legitimate" reasons. Not really. In their minds, if it's in their best interests, then it *must* be in their children's best interests too! Mom/Dad meets the ( most recent ) "love of their life", and simply must pack up everything to start their glorious new life, with nary a thought about how that will impact their children.

But yes, I'm sure they consider their reason "legitimate".

Just Blue

Why are you posting to a "person" that joined this forum, curiously, just to post to your thread? ;)

axiom4018

I've known a few that would have done it solely to screw with an ex. However, I almost agree; most people move for what they consider to be legitimate reasons.

Most ( that I've seen anyway ) don't consider the well being of their children when considering their "legitimate" reasons. Not really. In their minds, if it's in their best interests, then it *must* be in their children's best interests too! Mom/Dad meets the ( most recent ) "love of their life", and simply must pack up everything to start their glorious new life, with nary a thought about how that will impact their children.

But yes, I'm sure they consider their reason "legitimate".
I did fail to mention that the reason she is moving with me is because i got a great job opportunity that pays almost twice as much. Plus we are moving to a city where my family resides in. I see that as a legitimate reason to move. It's amazing that I asked for legal advice but seem to be getting moral advice. All the moral nonsense is irrelevant. Also, we are getting married in December and is about to give birth to our son at the end of October. All the decisions I am making it is out of the best interest of my family. We are not here to make her exes life a living hell.

Last edited:

grasshoppa

I did fail to mention that the reason she is moving with me is because i got a great job opportunity that pays almost twice as much. Plus we are moving to a city where my family resides in. I see that as a legitimate reason to move. It's amazing that I asked for legal advice but seem to be getting moral advice. All the moral nonsense is irrelevant.
Then ignore it, if it holds no value to you.

LdiJ

I did fail to mention that the reason she is moving with me is because i got a great job opportunity that pays almost twice as much. Plus we are moving to a city where my family resides in. I see that as a legitimate reason to move. It's amazing that I asked for legal advice but seem to be getting moral advice. All the moral nonsense is irrelevant. Also, we are getting married in December and is about to give birth to our son at the end of October. All the decisions I am making it is out of the best interest of my family. We are not here to make her exes life a living hell.
You might want to speak to her about the inappropriate insulting of volunteers on other forums. After viewing her comments on the other forum I am less sympathetic than I was previously. Many of the posters here post on both forums.

Just Blue

You might want to speak to her about the inappropriate insulting of volunteers on other forums. After viewing her comments on the other forum I am less sympathetic than I was previously. Many of the posters here post on both forums.
LD...

For what it is worth,
OP, Grasshoppa...and Mommy are one and the same. IMHO>;)

Proserpina

Your family is nothing.

The child has family close by right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">