• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child injured while on school grounds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sbever

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IN

My son was at school waiting for his track practice to start and was injured. Is the school liable for any medical/dental expenses?

Thank you.

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IN

My son was at school waiting for his track practice to start and was injured. Is the school liable for any medical/dental expenses?

Thank you.
I think a chunk of this story is missing. What happened? Did a building collapse upon him?

sbever

Yes, it was the friesbee accident. He and other track members were waiting for the coach to arrive when it happened. They were playing frisbee. It was on school grounds.

cyjeff

Yes, it was the friesbee accident. He and other track members were waiting for the coach to arrive when it happened. They were playing frisbee. It was on school grounds.
So, your son was playing a game on school grounds and was hurt.

This was not a sanctioned event.

What liability do you believe the school has?

sbever

Hello,
I don't have a clue if the school has any responsibility. I was simply asking the question because my husband thought the schools were supposed to look after the health and safety of students while on school grounds until they are no longer at a school activity and since they were there for a sports practice and there was no adult supervision they might be liable. I'm asking to be educated about the subject. If I knew the answer I wouldn't need to ask the question. This legal forum has always been one of good information. I was hoping to find out if that was the case or not. Thank you.

justalayman

have you even addressed the administration about this? From what I read, this happened awhile ago. Was there an incident report made when it happened?

I am not familiar with schools in your state but it is typical for a school in my state to have insurance that covers all injuries on the school grounds. You might simply ask the admin if they have something similar.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">