• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Sexual Abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proserpina

No, I was looking for a situation similar to my abuse experience. I signed up so I could ask if there was something I could do about the guy who molested me. But I'm starting to think there is no good advice on this forum.
Honey, if you have a genuine legal question, please start your own thread and ask your question.

Don't hijack someone else's thread. OK? If only because YOUR experience is going to be entirely different to that of this OP.

cyjeff

Since you seem unable to even make an attempt to understand my families plight, let me try and explain the other way.

My sister, 17, finally admits that for some years now she has been inappropriately touched by her stepfather.

We turn stepfather in immediately, and it goes to the courts.

Now here comes the fallout:

My sister, while attempting to concentrate on her final and most difficult semester of high school, is distracted and distraught by the law process by which he is being put away. Questioning, interviews, and statements in court all raise her anxiety and stress to a level where she cannot completely cope with school. Yes she gets therapy, but therapy is slow moving.

My mother, overcome with not only her bills, but also her soon to be ex-husbands bills, is left to try to take care of herself and my sister with a measly 20k a year income to cover bills that used to be handled by a 80k a year salary. The house is foreclosed upon. My mom most likely goes bankrupt due to the credit card bills and loans taken out on the house. Mom and sister are forced to move (who knows if they even got their stuff out) into a friends house if they are lucky, into a shelter, or out on the streets. Meanwhile, sister is dealing with all of this business, the court process, therapy, and trying to succeed in school.

They will have to live this way for a full year until I can get a good job to support them. Moving house to house, trying to make ends meet, living a really crappy life. Yes the perp was brought to justice, but with a little better timing their lives could have been improved greatly.

I understand this may be the worst case scenario, but most, if not all of it, probably would have happened. We receive no state help right now, I cannot take out any loans, neither can my mom, my "real" father (also a ****ty person) hasn't paid child support ever and won't change now.

So tell me, even though I discussed with my sister the option of turning him in immediately, and she, being grown up enough to discuss her thoughts and fears with us, concluded that we should wait a little, I and my mother are terrible people?

The perp is basically a cripple right now, going from surgery to surgery to fix his back and living in a chair at his house. Also, no children are ever present at that house, its basically a drug house. So I have had no worries about him being a threat to other children.

I came here seeking advice to learn about the transition, because WE ARE turning him in. If we could continue to have his "dirty/evil money" we can make sure my mom and sister don't end up in the streets living in poverty. It is not a necessity but something that would make things easier on my family.

Now I see why people don't like lawyers: they treat every case the same; why don't you try look at the situation and try to understand that I have done the best for my family.

Yes some nights I have gone to sleep crying because my sister hasn't seen that ******* behind bars yet and I want to punish him for what he has done. Now the time is here, which is why I came here for ADVICE, but thank you for showing me how inadequate of a person I am.
Have you called the police yet?

Judas got 30 pieces of silver for his betrayal. What was your sister's worth?

cyjeff

No, I was looking for a situation similar to my abuse experience. I signed up so I could ask if there was something I could do about the guy who molested me. But I'm starting to think there is no good advice on this forum.
If you were looking for a forum that states it is acceptable to have sex with your step daughter as long as you support the family, you are correct.

You didn't find it.

Why yes, I am hopelessly and helplessly biased against those that prey on children.

I couldn't be more biased if I was wearing a "Pedophiles should never be allowed a warning shot" t-shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">