• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support after divorce?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ClassicRemedy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Quick question, can I get child support for my son after I've already said no to it? My husband and I are now divorced, and my son is seven. Help?

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Quick question, can I get child support for my son after I've already said no to it? My husband and I are now divorced, and my son is seven. Help?
child support is definitely modifiable. is it a physical joint custody situtation? has your income changed? dad's income?

ClassicRemedy

child support is definitely modifiable. is it a physical joint custody situtation? has your income changed? dad's income?
Yes, it's a joint custody. Well, just a week ago, (me and my now ex husband are both in the military) my captain had admitted that he is in love me. Now, I've been accused of adultery and might lose my place in the military. So as income wise, it might have changed might have not.. I'm still waiting for word to see if I still have my job.

Isis1

Yes, it's a joint custody. Well, just a week ago, (me and my now ex husband are both in the military) my captain had admitted that he is in love me. Now, I've been accused of adultery and might lose my place in the military. So as income wise, it might have changed might have not.. I'm still waiting for word to see if I still have my job.
wait....YOU? i thought that was your aunt. :confused:

ClassicRemedy

Yes, my neice showed me this site this morning, along with the other topic she had created the other day, and when I saw this, I asked about the child support.

Anything will help really, I just need some answers or help with this..Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">