• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support after losing job?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mewiai

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AL

After losing my job due to company cutbacks, I was without work for two weeks for the first time in my life since college. I have a good job now but having hard time with the two weeks of pay that I lost. Whats the law in this situation regarding child support payments?

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AL

After losing my job due to company cutbacks, I was without work for two weeks for the first time in my life since college. I have a good job now but having hard time with the two weeks of pay that I lost. Whats the law in this situation regarding child support payments?
There is nothing in the law to apply, to my knowledge. Are you the recipient or the payor of CS?

If you're the recipient, you had a tough two weeks. Move on.

If you're the payor, you owe whatever the court order states until you get a new court order. Two weeks of unemployment will not be a basis for changing your court order.

mewiai

Interest

So just send the check to the dept. Is there interest for missing two weeks? How does this work?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">