• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support and Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kamar8

My ex husband and I got divorced in February 2018in Texas, we have 2 boys with standard visitation as I have primary custody and he has secondary. In our divorce decree, we agreed on set amount for child support of $450 and I would carry insurance for the boys and he would be responsible for reimbursement. However he never paid any child support or insurance until the end of the October 2018 he has started paying his child support however he still refuses to reimburse insurance or carry it. So how do I go about collecting what is owed for insurance? and back child support?

LdiJ

My ex husband and I got divorced in February 2018in Texas, we have 2 boys with standard visitation as I have primary custody and he has secondary. In our divorce decree, we agreed on set amount for child support of $450 and I would carry insurance for the boys and he would be responsible for reimbursement. However he never paid any child support or insurance until the end of the October 2018 he has started paying his child support however he still refuses to reimburse insurance or carry it. So how do I go about collecting what is owed for insurance? and back child support?
You take him back to court for contempt for not obeying the child support orders. You ask the judge to include the insurance reimbursement in the child support and you ask that the child support be garnished from his paychecks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">